1500 Downloads and Answer Key Released!
It's been just over 2 weeks since I released the Board Game Wimmelbilder that I drew. In that short amount of time, I was blown away to find out that it was downloaded over 1,500 times in 6 different languages! I am incredibly humbled and honoured to have people care about it as much as I do. I'd also like to thank the game publishers and designers who gave me their blessing to use their games in this piece! Today I released the answer key to where everything was hiding. You can download the answer key by itself (https://bit.ly/3glGHhk) or with the entire package in one of the 6 languages: English, French, Spanish, German, Dutch, or Latvian.
Deliveries on Track v.0.8 is Released!
I'm very happy to announce that the next version of Deliveries on Track has been released! This update includes quite a few changes, including (but not limited to) • Caboose Cards (end game goals) have been added to the game to allow players to catch up if they didn't get as many deliveries made during the game. • "Full Steam Ahead" mechanic has been altered to allow players to catch up as soon as they're behind. This shortens the game and gets to the fun faster! • Any discard can be picked up (not special cargo) by discarding a card of the same type (cargo for cargo, delivery for delivery, etc.) • The rulebook has been fully updated to read a LOT better! • The cost for upgrading your locomotive and refreshing the shop has been decreased from 4 to 3, and allows players to use any combination of cards to do so (cargo, delivery, and/or caboose)! • Tie breakers have been added. I've already ordered a few copies from the Game Crafter and once it's fully proofed and approved, we'll post the store page when it's ready to go live. So head over to the game page to download the latest version of the game and let us know what you think!
Project Icarus Released and on Tabletop Simulator!
Well the day has finally come and Project Icarus is out of active development! This means the game is more or less complete, but an issue or two might pop up that I'll need to fix. You can download it on the game page, or you can play it on Tabletop Simulator! That's right, you can play Project Icarus without having to buy it, or print and play it! This also means that those issues will be updated automatically when you subscribe to the file. Don't forget to check out the music you can play when playing the game as well on TTS. Check it out and don't forget to leave a comment! Thank you again everyone who helped me along the way. Your help was invaluable to bring the game to where it is today.
Project Icarus Close to Release
You'll notice that Project Icarus got a makeover! While I've been focusing on the game play when making changes, I finally decided that it was time to update the graphic aspect of the game as well. This game got it's humble beginning on Board Game Geek's 24-hour contest. That's a solid chunk of 24 hours rather than 24 design hours. I finished the first version of the game in 7 hours (the most I could have in the 24 hours with my day job and a family), and ended up winning the contest! The next version of Project Icarus is nearing completion, but we still need to cross a few more t's and dot a few more i's. We're very excited where this game is at and know that it's because of the playtesters who have pushed this game to its limits that helped it get where it is today. We also have some surprises in regards to the game. We're hoping to have a Tabletop Simulator version of the game and a trailer done within the next week!
Deliveries on Track v.0.7 is Released!
Deliveries on Track v.0.7 has been released! This version features single player, a new catch up mechanic called "Full Steam Ahead" and player reference cards for quick reference when playing. A few rules have been reworded as well so everyone can hopefully understand them better. Download it for free from our website today!
LOSS! in Space is Getting in Your (Poker) Face
While working on other projects, I've been busy resizing the LOSS! in Space cards from something a little less odd (2.45"x3.95") into something more manageable (2.5"x3.5"). For those of you follow tabletop games (you're on this site, so I'm assuming you do), it goes from a non-standard size to a poker sized card. This means that for those of you print the game off, you can use sleeves to protect your hard work and play with it knowing they're far less likely to bend/break/crease. Or for those of you like me who don't sleeve their cards (I feel the shame coming already), you should be able to fit them in boxes a little more easily. I'm pretty far along with the resizing. Thankfully since I created the cards using a database, I'm able to make the size changes on one card and then run it through the program and get all 180 cards done. The only issue I thought I would have was with the parsec cards (pictured - left is the original size, right is the new size). For those of you who haven't played the game, the parsec cards are the score cards in the game. As you gain distance in the game, you advance your ship (the die) by 1 or 2 spaces depending on how far you go. Each square was designed to be the exact size of a 16mm die (standard size for those wondering), and sizing the card down to fit the new width meant that I couldn't use 16mm boxes anymore. However, I was able to put it down to 14mm and with the additional spacing between the boxes, the die fits there nicely and doesn't overhang over the other numbers. The print and play files should be updated in the next few weeks.