And Time Passes
"Until we can manage time, we can manage nothing else." - Peter Drucker.
In this game for 1 to 2 players, you have to manage your time to be the most productive player without exhausting yourself. Both players share opposite sides of the same timeline causing your actions to affect the other player and vice versa. Each card has 4 productive activities and 4 resting activities; placing these cards beside, on top of, and underneath each other will allow you to bump up your productive score while keeping the other player as unproductive as possible. Will you master time management or will you exhaust yourself trying?
- 18 Cards
v.1.0 Released September 20, 2019Rules
- Reorganized placement instructions in "Placing Cards" to remain consistent in rules between face-up and face-down cards.
- Re-arranged visual examples of placing cards due to above change (8) and (9) swapped places.
- Reworded "Gameplay" in "Solo Mode" to clarify how to play.
v.0.4.1 Released September 15, 2019Rules
- Reconfigured solo mode to be more challenging.
- Added second example of "Card Placement" (4) showing cards being placed under any fully visible card as incorrect.
v.0.4 Released September 9, 2019Rules
- Added "Realistic Variation"; as soon as you're exhausted you lose.
- Added "Solo Mode"; a single player mode of the game.
- Added in "Laid Back" rules; you can't win if you're laid back (score of 0 or fewer).
- Reformatted rules into columns.
- Changed header image.
- Updated game time from 5-10 minutes to 10-15 minutes.
- Added additional placement illustrations.
- The first card must be placed face-up, and the final card must be placed face-down.
- Added 4 gameplay tips.
- Incorrect placement examples now have a red outline instead of a green one.
- Rewrote "Placing Cards" text to clarify what's allowed and what's not.
- Aligned arrows on the card back with what's on the card front.
- Rotated orange (productive) arrow on card back so it's pointing in the correct direction when in the timeline.
- Updated wording for activities to keep consistency ("Walk" became "Walking", "Sleep" became "Sleeping", etc.)
- Changed colour of text on cards from a 75% black to a 50% black.
v.0.3.1 Released September 4, 2019Rules
- Clarified in "Setup" which timeline is yours and which one is the other player's.
- Fixed spelling issue in "Scoring" from "on" to "one".
v.0.3 Released September 5, 2019Rules
- Re-wrote large sections of the rules to help clarify gameplay. The majority was done on the "Playing Cards" section.
- Gave specific visual examples for the more complicated rules of what's allowed and what's not when playing cards.
- Added strokes and rounded corners around cards in rules.
- Fixed math error in scoring section (whoops!).
- Clarified exhausted (final score of 10+) and added in laid back (0 and under).
- Elaborated on winning conditions.
- Added "+" and "-" symbols on cards to help with calculating totals (including back of card).
v.0.2 Released September 5, 2019Rules
- Game title changed from "Time Passes" to "And Time Passes".
- Graphic Design updated.
- Game is now low ink.
v.0.1 Released September 4, 2019
- Released to the public.