Equate This!Players: 1-6
Time: 45 min.
Equate This! is a game where players create expressions to form an equation using BEDMAS over 5 rounds using number cards and operator cards. The player with the most points at the end of the 5 rounds wins the game. (BEDMAS is outlined in the rules for those who have forgotten it)
The excitement in this game is trying to solve for a common answer, using the cards you have, and get a better equation than all the other players. "Better" is relative though, as you don't need to be a math whiz to win. For example, to solve for 8, you can have 4+4+5-5 or (3-1)2+(15-11). Make them as simple or as complex as you'd like, just make sure you don't get stuck when you need to place down your equation.
This game is currently in development, and images may not reflect the current state of development. Updates for this game will be posted in the Updates Section of the site.
- Game Board
- 154 Cards
- Number Deck (90 Cards)
- Operator Deck (58 Cards)
- Player Reference/Free Bracket Cards (6 Cards)
v.0.2.1 Released March 9, 2019
- Updated rules:
- Decreased the amount of rounds from 10 to 5 to fix timing issues.
- Removed the example from "Gameplay" section since it's pretty obvious and it was an incorrect example.
- Added time limit to other players after a player goes out to decrease prolonged end of round gameplay.
- Redid rules on scoring - there is no base score for a round but just based off of how many cards the players use. This allows for later rounds to be worth more.
- The minimum amount of cards used in a round are no longer limited to number cards, but number and operator cards.
v.0.2 Released February 19, 2019
- Released to the public.