Equate This!Players: 1-6
Time: 45 min.
Equate This! is a game where players create expressions to form an equation using BEDMAS over 5 rounds using number cards and operator cards. The player with the most points at the end of the 5 rounds wins the game. (BEDMAS is outlined in the rules for those who have forgotten it)
The excitement in this game is trying to solve for a common answer, using the cards you have, and get a better equation than all the other players. "Better" is relative though, as you don't need to be a math whiz to win. For example, to solve for 8, you can have 4+4+5-5 or (3-1)²+(15-11). Make them as simple or as complex as you'd like, just make sure you don't get stuck when you need to place down your equation.
- Game Board
- 154 Cards
- Number Deck (90 Cards)
- Operator Deck (58 Cards)
- Player Reference/Free Bracket Cards (6 Cards)
v.0.2.1 Released March 9, 2019
- Updated rules:
- Decreased the amount of rounds from 10 to 5 to fix timing issues.
- Removed the example from "Gameplay" section since it's pretty obvious and it was an incorrect example.
- Added time limit to other players after a player goes out to decrease prolonged end of round gameplay.
- Redid rules on scoring - there is no base score for a round but just based off of how many cards the players use. This allows for later rounds to be worth more.
- The minimum amount of cards used in a round are no longer limited to number cards, but number and operator cards.
v.0.2 Released February 19, 2019
- Released to the public.